I hope this article can help you save time and money when shopping new wheels for your car.
Everybody knows I love my car and I am always trying to improve it looks.
Then I decided to look online for the best deals on new rims and tires.
I didn’t know was SO hard to find the perfect size fitment for my car wheels.
After DAYS, “googling” and doing my “home-work” reading websites and company reviews, I FINALLY found the perfect website to buy wheels!
Here I list what I learned and what’s important when deciding from each company to buy your new car wheels.
– Are they SEMA members? SEMA stands for “Specialty Equipment Market Association”. They bring together 6,384 companies worldwide, from aftermarket manufacturers to car dealers and retailers to restoration specialists. SEMA provides education to member companies’ employees so you know that the people you are dealing with are up to date with the vehicle aftermarket industry.
– Can you see the new rims on your car before you buy? A visualizer program is a must. They also call car configurator or wheel preview program. There are plenty out there but only one you could see new wheels on your OWN car before buy!
– Are there any hidden fees or extra shipping charges? Do they have FREE SHIPPING? Are there any free stuff buying wheels and tires packages?
– How big is the selection of wheels? How many different wheel colors, rims styles, sizes are available? What size is theirs inventory? How big is theirs site? Do you see updates? How often?
– If you plan on getting bigger or wider wheels, make sure you talk to a real person that knows about vehicle and wheel fitment. Someone that is comfortable with words like: “offset”, “center hub”, “PCD” and not only diameter and width.
– Can you talk to a real person? How long you have to wait? Is there customer service available?
– What are theirs social media presence? Are they on Facebook, Google+ and twitter? How big is the community and when do they started? How often do they post and how long does it take to get a reply?
So, based on two weeks browsing dozen wheel online retailer sites, I can only recommend those guys: http://www.rimsdealer.com
– They are SEMA members! If you read theirs about us page will see they have been doing business for a long time. Has a legit business with real physical address and not just sales pitch.
– They have a considerable number of fans on Facebook, over 10k Twitter followers; they are on Google+, Pinterest and Instagram. And they post regularly on those social media sites.
– They have THE best rims visualizer program! They are the only ones I could see my new wheels on my OWN car before I buy. I absolutely love that! I can upload my car picture and see the wheels can fit my car before I decide the one I want. Not only that, but I can also share the link with my friends and they can make suggestions and send me back the link w/ other wheels for me to compare.
– They have FREE SHIPPING in the continental USA for all wheels plus tires orders! No hidden fees. With two shipping points in the United States for fast delivery Rims Dealer covers the continental USA very fast.
– They use the top brand in the market to mount and balance my wheel. “Hunter Road Force”. Google this and you will see they are not kidding in this business.
– They have THOUSANDS of wheels to choose from! I particularly like that I can enter my car year, make and model, then I can use the left side menu on theirs site to filter results based on size, color, style, prices and brands.
– They are wheel fitment experts! If you plan on upsizing factory wheels, they can help you a lot!
– They have four call centers in the USA. Including in West Houston: (832) 463-0347 and you can talk to a real person (they also speak Spanish and Portuguese).
– Theirs website is extremely fast. The checkout process is easy and secure. They don’t keep your credit card on file and they also offer PayPal and Billmelater payment options.
All that been said I can ONLY recommend those guys when buying wheels and tires packages online!
Pretty soon I will post and share pictures of my improved and good looking car for you all.